Differences between a boy and a girl, or differences based on the way we brought up ?


Recently, in the class, I taught my pupils with a topic Innovation. We talk about various types of innovation that existed in this world.

Then, I asked my pupils, according to them, what is the greatest innovation of all time? I gave an example.
For me, I said that the greatest innovation of all time is the creation of paper. It is because with paper, the disperse of knowledge and information become easier. When knowledge can be brought everywhere and anywhere, people can share knowledge and thus enhance people lives.

Then, each one of my pupils come up with their answers. But here comes the interesting part. There are two clever pupils in my class. I didn't mean the rest are not clever, these two are the most prominent. A girl and a boy. The girl, her father works office type of job, and been here and there. She has a facebook account and I believe quiet active in it too. The boy, grew up in the rural area, and the mother and father work a normal blue collar job.

I wonder if there is a correlation between these two pupils answers.

The girl answered my questions and she tried it in English, actually both answered it in English, and her answer was an aeroplane.

While the boy answer is a bag.

I found it odd.... because I thought the higher the level of intelligence a person is, the person will give more awesome answer, but a bag? Somehow, I make this conclusion, maybe because this kid wasn't  expose to many things and he couldn't give the answer that the teacher will find it a wow...


I wish he could come up with better answer, like car, television, phone, but, a bag...

I didn't to undermine my pupil, but I found it sad. I do not know how to put it, but I wish he could come up with a better answer. and I believe he can too, ....


Comments

  1. Teach, you did said that his parents has a blue color job and lives in a rural area. He said bags because he appreciates the things that he has. Plus without bag you can't really carry stuff to school. So I think it's relevant for him to say that. What surprise me the most is how you said that his answers made you sad. I guess its now normal that how society nowadays has a standard that they want someone to achieve and when they didn't reach it, they're just one big lump of disappointment.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment