First week of school

School has started since last Monday. The teacher is still in holidays mode. Just kidding. With school open, many things need to be done. And as mid year examination was held just before the break, so, during the holidays, I’ve been checked and marking my pupils mark.

I’m teaching English year 1, all classes, Bijak, Pintar and Rajin, and science for year 2 Pintar. My feelings about the result? Mix. But overall, kind disappointed as many pupils unable to answer the questions correctly. Next week, on July 2nd, school open day will be held. As a class teacher for year 2 Pintar, I’m looking forward to meets my pupils parents and talk about their children.

This week has been a very busy week for me and my colleague. Participated in a the village program, and my job to create a blog for the village. Visit the blog http://tanjungsedili.blogspot.com

I know now, that the duty as the teacher not only at the school, but need to try to contribute to the place that I work in, as teachers dealing with societies, and participated in village activities as it is part of social responsibilty as teacher.

thinking back, while I was in Sarawak, I do involved and mix with the villagers, even though not as much as I should. Firstly it because in order to make a phone call, I need to go through the villagers, and enter the villager house. Therefore, I need to ask their permission first. The first encounter was memorable as I do not understand what they said, and the only thing I can say was 'yes, yes'. .

Then, my and the teachers there, did attend a funeral that was held. It was a sight and memorable as that was the first time I saw other culture of handling deceased. It was a unforgettable sight. The villagers really respected us, by giving us a special drink bought from a shop where it is halal for us to drink. The villagers also very kind to the teachers by offering fruits, and rice to us too.

Comments