Teaching Is Very Very Hard WOrk

Last year, I was a teacher in rural area Sarawak, and this year, I’m a teacher at my hometown, Johor, and the differences is huge. Really really huge.

At my previous school, there are only 43 pupils, and my current school, has more than 600 pupils. My previous school only has 11 teachers, and now more than 50 pupils. At my previous school, there is only 7-9 pupils per class, here, more than 20. Well, I heard it better where there are school where the pupils are more than 40 per class. There are so many huge differences, and both got advantages and disadvantages.

Both places have taught me with so many things, and let me experienced so many good and bad things. It helped me to develop to be a person, and make me able to know more about me. I realized the things I am able and capable of doing, as a person and as a teacher.

I always heard that many teachers ended up being a teacher because they got no other option and being a teacher is as a last resort. Being a teacher is not my last resort, but more as fulfilling my parents wish, that they wanted me to be a teacher. And sometimes, I’m regretting it. But, this has been my choice, and I have to move on.

But now, I ended up loving and liking the job. Well, there are of course a time where I felt so hopeless and stress, but I learn to face and handle it. It wasn’t easy and hard.

But every jobs come with a price, and this is the price that I have to pay.  I have chosen this way, and I must go on. I wanted to be a very good teacher.  In my pursuit as being a teacher, I’ve seen so many weaknesses that I must learn to improve it, and I will. But I will do it slowly. Fighting teacher Mas. ^_^

Comments