School Holidays and Extra Classes…


School holidays has started, for nearly two weeks now, and I believed many students and teachers are enjoying the holidays currently. Happy Holidays.

As for me, I’m having or actually teaching an extra classes for year 6 next year. This is because my current school, the English result wasn’t really good during the last UPSR exam. It’s only around 55%, and so the English teachers from my school collaborated to do early interventions class to help these students so that their result could be improve. Hopefully.

As for me, my aims for these holidays classes which currently will be held until 10th December is to help my pupils. The classes have begin since last Monday, 29th November starting at 8.30 to 10.30 am. Surprisingly the attendance is more than 50%.
My strategy is not to do the teaching like normal classes, so I’m using a lot of songs and hopefully interactive media. I started from the basic, starting from simple lullaby and eventually to difficult songs. Still I’m using a lot of talk and seeing only. I should ask for direct participation and direct usage of English. But currently I’m not able to.

It takes a lot of patience and perseverance to do these classes. I respect for teachers that has done this kind of sacrifices for a long time. I’m still new to this profession. This is only my second year.
I do thought that maybe by having this kind of class will disturb the students holidays plan. But this class is not compulsory for pupils to attend. I remember when I was in Sarawak, the pupils prefer to be in school than at home. That because at school, there is an electricity, where the fan can be switch on and the television also could be used. But here, everything is in order. So I believed the pupils motivation and also the parents motivation in sending and taking their children back and forth to school is hoping that teachers could help their children be better in this subject. That is a high hope, so the teacher sneeds to work hard. Moreover, English subject always has become the difficult subject to rural pupils.

So all of us need to work hard to achieve our objective and with Allah help, hopefully it will work out as has been planned. As for me, I hope I have the strength to do these classes sincerely and goodly. ^_^

Comments