Inspiring teacher movie

As a teacher, I like watching movies that show what teachers could do. It helped me to see forward as a teacher and to reflect back my profession. I'm going to be a teacher for a long time and I want to be a good one. But be a teacher is so hard and once a while being hit at heart by great teachers, it teaches me to be more than what I am.

Today, I watched a movie title Beyond The Blackboard and it makes me teared. It was a good and very inspiring movie. I really recommend the movie.

From IMDB : A 24-year-old first-time teacher overcomes her initial fears and prejudices and makes a difference in the lives of the homeless children she teaches in a shelter's makeshift classroom.
Emily VanCamp Stars, with Timothy Busfield and Treat Williams;
Film Based on True Story of Young Teacher Who Changes Children's Lives

Stacey Bess's first teaching job is not at all what she expected. She's assigned to the School with no Name in Salt Lake City, a space in a homeless shelter that is supposed to function as a classroom. The 'classroom,' though, lacks basic supplies such as desks and books, and her young students range in age from six to 12.

Based on a true story, Beyond the Blackboard chronicles young Stacey confronting her own fears and insecurities as she struggles to gain attention and respect from her students. She must also win over school board administrators and apprehensive parents.

Stacey Bess says the take-away message of her story and Beyond the Blackboard is: "Don't be afraid to step outside your comfort zone. Don't be afraid to offer help to someone you don't know, or don't know well.
"Even the smallest gesture can make the biggest difference in another person's life."

The trailer of the movie - p/s if you have other inspiring movie about teacher, please share. :)

Comments