Let's Learn English

Language is a skill, and it is not a measure of intelligence, thus, for me, it should be a fun to learn it... but as usual, the most fierce teacher is school most probably is the English teacher .. including me ...

For start, this is a personal blog, so most of the times, my grammar will be off, so the grammar nazi out there, please ... don't be too harsh in case you read this. Me too, learn and learn and who proofread something they write in their personal blog? There are? Well, I salute you....

I learn English through music, I born in 1980's and during 90's, all the great boybands and girls group were dominating the music chart ( Ok, here I am exaggerating) ... but most of my friends, we learn English through songs.

I grew up not with English, but I like listening to English songs and somehow it influences me ... and maybe one day I will upload the songs that I used to give to my pupils to make learning English is more fun.

When learning a language, familiarity is very very important, if not, you feel alien when you hear something new... So, what are better ways to make the pupils get familiar with new words, new sentences if not through songs beside drilling and grilling? So, I use music a lot ...

Even until now, i still remember the lyrics from the songs that I hear when I was 10, 11, 12 which is 20 years ago .. and I thank Allah because of that inclination, now I am an English teacher that has become my bread and butter that helps support my everyday life ...



This is one of the earliest songs that helped me to learn English. Once, I even refused lunch so that I could ask my mom to buy me the cassette of this boyband, and since then, I sang their songs through the lyrics.... Ohh, what a memories....It work for me, so I hope it will work with my pupils too.

Comments