Fishing trips (1st episode)

On 8th May, 2009, Linda a fellow teacher asked me to go for fishing trips with the pupils. At first I was shocked, because why she wants to go for fishing trips? It will be tiring and scary. Well, at least for me. But seeing Linda enthusiasm, I agree.

I asked my pupils whether the river will be far, and some pupils said far, while some said no. And then I know. Those who said far, they are jealous and wanted to join the told me that we can only bring five pupils only, and all boys, because we don't know what kind of danger awaits us. Moreover, its not us will lead the trip, but the pupils. But, as a teacher, safety will be our first and foremost consideration. Then it decided. We will go for the fishing trip with only five pupils, and Linda and me. We will start our journey around 12.50 non, after the pupils went home, lunch and us finished praying. It's Friday, so the school end quickly.

The pupils told us to bring rice, because we might feel hungry during the journey. This has make us wonder and I having a second thought, ohh, the fishing trip must be very far.

At 12.40pm while I just finish praying, I heard the sound of my pupils, girls and boys. And form Linda I knew that the girls are begging to go with us to the fishing trip, while the boys really cannot wait to go for the trip. And then around 12.50 we start the journey.

Before we begin the journey, we asked the pupils that went with us, Dilang, Panji, Makau, Sapok, and Basik to buy some snacks so that they ahve something to eat. And they did.

This is the picture before the journey start at the front of the teacher's house. Oh, my pupils said to bring a lighter, so we can burn some fish there. Me with my heart feel nervous, and Linda feel really happy, we then start our journey.

Taking picture before we start the journey. There is no picture of me or Linda. I'm shy and I need linda consent before putting her picture.

Comments