Spelling of days…





Currently I’m teaching days for my pupils… and it so hard to make my pupils remembered the spelling and the pronunciation of days in English. I keep on drilling, and helping them memorized it, and yet no success. For smarter kids, they hhaving little problems, but problems come from pupils less smarter ( can I used that term?, sorry) But I meant well.

I really wanted to help this kids. But it wasn’t easy. The only days that they seemsto find it easy to memorize is Monday. Ohh… what should I do? I believe I have been stern enough for them to learn. I have gave them exercises for them to write it  and yet with little success only. Things getting harder. It kind frustrating when my pupils result in first mid year examination wasn’t that good.

It was so fulfilling when this pupils able to understand and memorize the things that I teach that day. So, whoever said that teaching is easy, look again.

Comments

  1. For the pronunciation Have you tried rhymning words (or sound a like)? That might be a good start for them to understand the words more (Like for Friday, the first syllable is Fri, so you can maybe relate that to a french fry?) Maybe you don't want to go dfown thaqt same exact approach, but I hope you gain some progress soon. Teaching is definitely not easy, that is for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the feedback. Have tried that and it showed success and it easy to implement too. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment