The Things I do as a teacher...

I am a teacher, my job is to teach. Full stop. I wish it could be just that. I have my specialization and focus, that's what I should do. Just teach. Teach my pupils the subject that I've been told to. I have to adhere to that.

But, almost all teachers know, that the job is not that. Teachers do a lot lot more.

This is what almost teachers do. I got the picture from the facebook. Thank you to uploader.


You see, as teacher, I want more. I want my pupils to get and understand what I teach. That's why, when nobody ask me to, I still do additional classes when the other teachers are on holidays. Or even though my house is far from the school , but because of you my pupils, I still come. Many teachers did this, nothing extraordinary. Then, some of us also take out and use our own money to make stuffs for you. It is not cheap, but we still do it and we do not ask anything in return, just please, concentrate on your studies.

That's why when you didn't come to the additional class and didn't do the homework as the teacher asks you to, the teacher become angry, become sad. But what can I do? My hands are tied. The homework that was given two weeks earlier as you are having a long school holidays, but yet, you didn't do it. What that make the teacher feel?

Truthfully, I want to scold, scream and punish you, but I know, I cannot do that. The consequences are great than the benefits. Not only it harm you, it harm me more. I will only get heartache, headache and feel sad, angry all the time. As much as I love you and that's why I do the things I do, I love myself more. I have to take care of myself. If I keep on angry with your unresponsive attitude of do not want to do homework, I can get high blood pressure, which is not good because this body will be using for a long time and there are more to life than focus only on you.

As far as I know, I will do my best to help my pupils and I do it sincerely, but because you do not want to listen, what can I do? But I will not give up and as a teacher, I also pray that success will follow you.

This rant come after my pupils do not do the homework as been told too. :(



Comments